One step beyond automated machines is the industrial robot, the heart arid brain of which is the microcomputer. Unlike most automated machines, industrial robots can be programmed to do a variety of tasks that are usually accompanied by human factory workers. Like their human counterparts, industrial robots can be switched from one job to another and can be programmed to handle new tasks. Thus far, robots have found their greatest use in assembling mechanical components. However, they are swiftly branching from basic assembly operations to construction and mining, and their most glamorous use of all, the exploration of oceans and outer space.
28. The author's main purpose in writing this passage is to_________
A. describe the industrial robot and its uses
B. narrate a story about the industrial robot
C. compare the industrial robot to human factory workers
D. argue the advantages of the industrial robot
29. The author's reaction to an innovative form of transportation, such as the electric car, would most likely be_______ .
A. positive B. negative C. confusion D. surprise
30. The paragraph following this passage would most likely be about_______
A. types and uses of automated machines
B. how industrial robots are used in exploration
C. the uses of the microcomputer
D. how robots assemble mechanical components
31. This passage would most likely be found in _______
A. an entertainment magazine B. a medical journal
C. a book of short stories D. a popular science journal
32. It can be concluded from this passage that_______
A. robots will never replace human factory workers
B. industrial robots are not as versatile as automated machines
C. the microcomputer will soon be used in automated machines
D. additional uses will be found for the industrial robot
1 câu trả lời 2593
Câu hỏi hot cùng chủ đề
1.Adolescence is the period ________ child and young adulthood
a. for b.between c.and d.from
2.Your body will change in shape and________
a.height b.high c.tall d.taller
3.Your brain will grow and you’ll have improved self-control and_______ skills
a.housekeeping b.reasoning c.social d.emotion control
4.They can’t decide who _______ first
a.go b.to go c.went d.going
5.The girls are making fun ____ me so I’mvery embarresed
a.to b.for c.with d.of
6.Physical changes are different for every, so you don’t need to feel embarrased or______
a.frustrated b.tense c.confident d.delighted
7.I wish my parents could put themselves in my ______
a.situation b.shoes c.feelings d.heart
8.Do you need to be that stressed______?
a.on b.in c.out d.with
9.My mother is a strong person. She stays_____ even in the worst situations
a.calm b.healthy c.tense d.confident
10.You’ve been a bit tense lately so you need to _____ a break.
a.get b.take c.has d.let
11.His father wants him to get the_____ score in this exam
a. high b.higher c.highest d.as high as
12.She has ______because she has a big assignment to complete
a.frustration b.frustrated c.frustrating d.frustratedly
13. We need to prepare food, do laundry and chores at home. It’s _________
a. Social skill b. Self-care skills c.Housekeeping skill d.Cognitive skills
14.I’ve won an essay contest. ---- _______________!
a. Congratulations! b.It’s interesting c.Oh poor! d. Good!
15.Your friend stayed up late studying for an important exam.
a. Well done! c.I know how you feel
b.Stay calm. Everything will be all right. D.A really great job.
16.The two countries agreed to _____ full diplomatic relations.
a.give up b.set up c.deal with d.over come
17.It’s difficult to _____ changes in technology.
a. go with b.look through c.keep up with d.turn up
18.Six people applied for the job, but four of them were ______
a.turned down b.turned up c.turned on d.turned off
19. It I ______ in your shoes, I’d take it easy and try to forget it.
a.are b.am c.were d.have
20.We should cooperate with others and resolve conflicts or have communication skills . It’s__________
a.Social skills b.Housekeeping skills c.Emotion control skills d.Self-care skills
21.Magic number 18001567 is a _____toll free service.
a. 24 hours b. 24-hours c. 24 – hour d.24 hour
Use the corect form of the word in brackets.
1. The lizards are classified as an... dangerous species in my country (danger)
2. Several ... have been killed by their own bombs (terror)
3. The recently political struggles could threaten the peace and ... of the region (stable)
4. His attitudes towards our teacher today are completely ... (defend)
8. Richard is very wealthy. He can afford to buy almost anything he wants.
A. Although Richard is very wealthy, he can afford to buy almost anything he wants.
B. Richard is so wealthy that he can afford to buy almost anything he wants.
C. Richard is very wealthy so that he can afford to buy almost anything he wants.
D. Richard can afford to buy almost anything he wants, but he is very wealthy.
6. We went to Dong Xuan Market. We flew back to Ho Chi Mirth City at 7pm.
A. We went to Dong Xuan Market while we flew back to Ho Chi Minh City at 7pm.
B. Before we flew back to Ho Chi Minh City at 7pm, we went to Dong Xuan Market.
C. We went to Dong Xuan Market in order that we flew back to Ho Chi Minh City at 7pm.
D. As we went to Dong Xuan Market, we flew back to Ho Chi Minh City at 7pm
2 ) Rewrite the following sentences s that their meaning stays the same, using the words given
1. The artisan moulded the copper to make a bronze drum, (so that)
2. I was very tired after a long trip to Hue. I still went to visit Tay Ho conical hat making village
right away, (although)
3. It rained very heavily. We cancelled the trip to the famous Bat Trang craft village, (since)
4. Many people think there is no city in Viet Nam that is cleaner than Da Nang City
_ Many people think .........
5. I found the trip to the craft village quite interesting
_ I felt quite .........
6. My father says the place in which we are living is the noisiest one in Ha Noi.
_ My father says that no.........
2. Rewrite the following sentences in reported speech.
1. “What are you most worried about before the exam?” my teacher asked me.
2. “If you get high scores in your final exam, I'll buy you a computer.” his mother said.
3. “My parents are very glad because my sister has passed the entrance exam to go to a top
university.” Lan told me.
4. “I couldn't sleep last night because I felt nervous about the exam.” Hoa said.
5. “I'm so delighted. I've just received a mobile phone from my brother. My brother has just
been abroad." Quang said
7. Unless they were absent now, they would meet the headmaster. => If .............................
8. If I didn't know the number, I would not ring her up. => Unless.............
9. If my sister didn't have a terrible headache she wouldn't be absent from her class. => Unless ............
10. If Peter didn't study hard, he could not get good marks. => Unless ....
Bài 3. Hoàn thành câu với từ cho sẵn (chú ý chia động từ)
1. If you/ mix/ red/ blue/ get / purple. →
2. If Arsenal/ win/ they/ be/ top/ the league.>
3. It /rain/ we / cancel / the match. → kill.
4. You / take / first bus/ you/will/ get /there on time. > .... **..
5. You / need more helpers/ I /can try / get some time off work.
6. Mary might / deliver your parcel / you /ask /her. → ine.
7.1/ were / 20/I would/ travel/ world-> 8. Jim / lent / us / car / we / could / go / party. →
Read the text, then decide whether the following sentences are true (T) or false (F). Located in DuyXuyen district, Quang Nam province, about 69km from Da Nang City and 20km from TraKieu ancient capital, My Son Sanctuary is the complex of numerous Champa tower-temples in a valley roughly two kilometers wide, surrounded by two mountain ranges. This used to be a site of religious ceremony for kings of the ruling dynasties of Champa, as well as a burial place for Cham royalty and national heroes. My Son Sanctuary is regarded as one of the main religious centers of Hinduism in Southeast Asia and is the foremost heritage site of this nature in Vietnam. Notably, among 225 Cham vestiges that are founded in Vietnam, My Son possesses 71 monuments and 32 epitaphs, the content of which is still being studied. My Son Sanctuary is often compared with other historical temple complexes in Southeast Asia, such as Borobudur of Java in Indonesia, Angkor Wat in Cambodia, Bagan of Myanmar or Ayutthaya in Thailand. My Son Sanctuary was honored as one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites at the 23rdsession of the World Heritage Committee in 1999. Based on architectural remains, My Son perhaps began construction in 4th century. It is perhaps the longest inhabited archaeological site in Indochina. Although time and wars have turned numerous tower-temples into ruins, sculptural artifacts and architectural remains still reflected golden age of Cham fine arts history. These masterpieces have marked flourishing periods of Champa culture and architecture as well as in Southeast Asia. 1. My Son Sanctuary dates from the 4th century 2. My Son Sanctuary is located in a valley surrounded by mountains 3. It can be seen that My Son Sanctuary is a centre of culture and politics of Champa Kingdom at the present time. 4. My Son Sanctuary can’t be compared to Angkor Wat, Bagan, and Borobudur. 5. Some tower-temples of the My Son Sanctuary were destroyed by wars and time. 6. My Son sanctuary is still considered as one of the most excellent achievement of the art of sculptures and architecture in Champa Kingdom.