1 Câu trả lời 73
Câu hỏi hot cùng chủ đề
Ex1: Fill in the gaps so as to build correct type 3 conditional sentences.
1. If you _________ (have) some protection, you _________ (damage) your eyes.
2. It ______ (be) impossible to enter the building if the porter _____ (not / be) there.
3. If the flight hadn’t been delayed, my boss __________ (arrive) on time to the meeting.
4. If the driver ________ (stop) at the red sign, I _________ (not / have) the accident.
5. I __________ (eat) the soup if it __________ (not / be) so salty.
6. If the thieves __ (rob) the whole jewellery store, the owners would have been ruined.
7. If you ________ (take) your umbrella, you ________ (not / catch) a cold.
8. I __________ (manage) to escape the storm if I __________ (be) more cautious.
9. The burglars ______ (escape) to a foreign country if the police ____ (not / catch) them.
10. If you _______ (learn) to play the piano, you could have participated in the contest.
11. If you ______ (study) more, you ______ (get) a better mark.
12. There _____ (be) a fight if the police ________ (not / arrive) in time.
Ex2: Fill in the blanks with either second or third conditional.
1. You ____________ (notice) my new haircut if you had been more attentive.
2. If you _____________ (enjoy) modern art, we could visit the new exhibition.
3. If you had eaten at lunch, you ______________ (not / be) so hungry now.
4. If there were an ashtray in the house, we _____________ (not / need) to go to the balcony to smoke a cigarette.
5. I would apply for the job if I ____________ (know) how to write an application letter.
6. If I _____________ (go) to the job interview, I might have got the job.
7. You would need to find another job if you _____________ (move) to a new town.
8. I would exercise twice a day if I _____________ (have) more time.
9. If the T-shirt _____________ (not / be) so loose, I would wear it.
10. If the factory ______________ (not / close), many workers wouldn’t be unemployed.
11. If there hadn’t been for the snow, most European airports ___ (not / close) during Christmas time.
12. If there wasn’t for the fire, we _______________ (freeze) to death.
13. I would eat your adorable meatloaf if I _____________ (not / be) a vegetarian.
14. If you _______________ (teach) me how to dance, I would learn it fast.1 1431
Khoanh tròn vào đáp án đúng.
Throughout its history, Japan (1)________from the destructive sea surges, known as tsunami. Tsunamis (2)________by earthquakes, hundreds of which strike Japan each year. It is of utmost importance that Japan is always ready for this chain of natural disasters. In Japan, high-rise buildings in major cities (3)________so that they (4)_______rather than shake during earthquakes, making them safer. Besides, new regualtions for quake-proofing buildings came into force, and some local governments (5)_____citizens a structural health check on their homes. Some coastal areas have tsunamis (6)_______, while others (7)________built floodgates to withstand inflows of water from tsunamis. And if an earthquake above a certain magnitude (8)_________, the bullet train will stop and nuclear and other plants will automatically go into temporary shut-down.
1. A.had suffered B. has suffered C. had been suffered D. has been
2. A.trigger triggered B. are triggered C. triggered D. were
3. A.design designed B. are designed C. designed D. were
4. A.sway swayed B. are swaying C. are swayed D. have
5. A. offer B. are offering C. are offered D. offered
6. A.home B. house C. shelter D. habitat
7. A.build B. are building C. are built D. have built
8. A.strikes B. is striking C. has struck D. is struck2 986
They will ask you a lot of questions at the interview.
A. You will be asked a lot of questions at the interview.
B. You will be asked a lot of questions at the interview by them
C. A lot of questions will be asked you at the interview
D. A lot of questions will be asked at the interview895
For many people who live in cities, parks are an important part
of the landscape. They provide a place
for people to relax and play sports, as well as a refuge from the often harsh environment of a city. What people
often overlook is that parks also provide considerable environmental benefits.
One benefit of parks is that plants absorb carbon dioxide-a key pollutant-and emit oxygen which
humans need to breathe. According to one study, an acre of
trees can absorb the same amount of carbon
dioxide that a typical car emits in 11,000 miles of driving
Parks also make cities cooler. Scientists have long
noted what is called the Urban Heat Island Effect: building
materials such as metal, concrete, and asphalt
absorb much more of the sun's heat and release it much more
quickly than organic surfaces like trees and
grass. Because city landscapes contain so much of these
building materials, cities are usually warmer than surrounding rural areas, Parks and other green spaces help to
mitigate the Urban Heat Island Effect.
Unfortunately, many cities cannot easily create more parks
because most land is already being used for buildings, roads, parking lots, and other essential parts of
the urban environment. However, cities could
benefit from many of the positive effects of parks by
encouraging citizens to create another type of green space: rooftop gardens. While most people would not think of
starting a garden on their roof, human beings
have been planting gardens on rooftops for thousands of
years. Some rooftop gardens are very complex and
require complicated engineering, but others are simple
container gardens that anyone can create with the
investment of a few hundred dollars and a few hours of work Rooftop gardens provide many of the same benefits as other require complicated engineering, but others Heat Island Effect, which can save people money. In the summer, rooftop gardens prevent buildings from absorbing heat from the sun, which can significantly reduce cooling bills. In the winter, gardens help hold in the heat that materials like brick and concrete radiate so quickly, leading to savings on heating bills. Rooftop vegetable and herb gardens can also provide fresh food for city dwellers, saving them money and making their diets everyone can enjoy, they are also a smart environmental investment.
7) Which of the following pieces of information would, if true, most weaken the author's claim that rooftop gardens are good for the environment?
A. Parks have many benefits that rooftop gardens do not share
B. More pollution is produced during rooftop garden construction than rooftop plants can remove from the air.
C. Extremely high winds atop tall city buildings can severely damage some plants.
D. The overall environmental benefits that result from driving less exceed those of planting a rooftop garden.
8) Which of the following best describes the organization of the passage?
A. A hypothesis is stated and then analyzed.
B. A proposal is evaluated and alternatives are explored.
C. A viewpoint is established and then defended.
D. A thesis is presented and then supported.
9) Based on information in the passage, it can be inferred that the author would most likely endorse a program that
A permitted the construction of buildings in city park land provided they have rooftop gardens
B. extended discounts on plants to customers who use them to create rooftop gardens
C. offered free admission to schools willing to take their students on field trips to the city park
D. promised vacation getaways to cooler destinations for those trapped in the city at the peak of summer
Chọn câu trả lời đúng và giải thích tại sao ??
Em cảm ơn697
1. People grow rice in many countries in the world.
-> Rice ______________________________________
2. Graham Bell invented the telephone many years ago.
-> The telephone ______________________________
3. They have used this car for many years.
-> This car ___________________________________
4. Lan practices English every day.
-> English ____________________________________
5. They will take the garbage out of the city.
-> The garbage _____________________________
6. Mary sent me this letter two days ago.
-> I _________________________________________
7. People make compost from vegetables.
-> Compost ____________________________________
8. You must finish this work before Sunday.
-> This work _____________________________________
9. She hasn't used this bicycle for a long time.
-> This bicycle __________________________________
10. I saw a strange man in my garden yesterday.
-> A strange man _______________________________
11. They clean the floor every morning.
-> The floor ____________________________________
12. They will solve the problem soon.
-> The problem __________________________________
13. They break the glass into small pieces.
-> The glass ____________________________________
15. They made these cars in the USA.
-> These cars ______________________________________
16. People have used the Internet all over the world.
-> The Internet ___________________________
17. We planted many trees in the school garden.
-> Many trees _________________________________
18. Someone has taken my book away.
-> My book ___________________________________
19. He didn't help me with my homework.
-> I ___________________________________________
20. We have learnt English for three years.
-> English ______________________________________3 679