2.A. moment B.present C.extent D. parent
3. A. aunt B. daughter C. laundry D. automatic.
4.A. breadwinner B.heavy C.break D.bread
5. A. chores B. charity C. chemist D. chair
II. Choose the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of primary stress in each of the following questions.
1. A. stomach B. digest C. body D. forehea
2.. A. oxygen B. memory C. exercise D. internal
3. A prevent B. disease C. healthy D. preview
4. A. classical B. popular C. digital D. electric
5.A. household B. extended C. rubbish D. heavy
III. Choose the letter A, B, C or D that completes the sentence
1. It is equal to share the household ______ in a family. Husbands should help wives with housework.
A. homework B. chores C. appliances D. meals
2. A family is made up ____ people who care about one another.
A. by B. from C. of D. with
3. All members of a family give and receive love and support ____ the others.
A. of B. about C. for D. from
4. The young star managed to _______ his nerves to ease past his opponent in the first round.
a. pursue b. conquer c. derive d. adjust
5.The lungs are responsible for removing oxygen from the air we ____ and transferring it to our blood where it can be sent to our cells.
A. breathe B. inhale C. absorb D. exhale
6. Nancy, have you _______ your mind yet what youre doing this evening? I still dont know.
A. taken up B. brought up C. made up D. slipped up
7.I usually _______ my younger sisters when my parents are away on business.
A. pick up B. take care of C. look for D. take charge of
8. The controller of the body is the _______ system. Led by the brain and nerves, it allows us to move, talk and feel emotions.
A.circulatory B. digestive C. nervous D. respiratory
9._______ is a person who works at home and takes care of the house and family.
A. Servant B. Homemaker C.Breadwinner D. Houseman
10`Skeletal system of the body is made _______ our bones. It supports our body and protects our organs.
A.up of B. up C. of D. from
11.The controller of the body is the _______ system. Led by the brain andnerves, it allows us to move, talk and feel emotions.
A. circulatory B. digestive C.nervous D. respiratory
12. My mother and I often go to the supermarket to shop for _____ at weekends.
A. cook B. groceries C. heavy lifting D. the chores
13. Environmentalists are keen to _______ us to dispose of rubbish and waste in more environmentally-friendly ways.
A. assure B. promise C.persuade D. plead
14. Lan: Good afternoon! Nam: ______
A. Goodbye. See you later. B.Hello. How are you?
C. Nice to meet you? D.Bye.
15. His pronunciation causes me many ______.
A.difficult B.difficultly C. difficulties D. difficulty
16. Electronically created sounds are used in combination with other electronic sounds or played together with traditional music ____.
A. instrument B. instruments C. instrumental D. instrumentally
17.Mr. Hoang found it difficult to be in charge of the household _______ .
A. financial B.financially C.finances D.financier
18.If you work hard, you will eventually ______.
A.succeed B.successfully C.successful D.success
19.You need daily exercise because your brain ____ depends on how you move your muscles.
A. chemist B. chemical C. chemistry D. chemicals
20. A good way to show your responsibility and commitment to your family is to do your chores without ____ or being asked.
A. complain B. complaint C. complaining D. complains
1. A. wonderB. periodC. companyD. ton
2. A. workedB. matchedC. placedD. needed
3. A. forestB. sell C. veryD. left
II-Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the others.
4. A. excursionB. occasionC. protectiveD. multiple
5. A. numberB. recentC. problemD. ahead
1. A. producedB. wantedC. neededD. subtracted
2. A. technologyB. differentC. mentalD. dentist
3. A. foot B. lookC. cookD. school
16. A: Look. It ...................... (rain) soon.
B: I'm not too sure about that. But the sun ...................(disappear) behind those black clouds.
17. A: And it ............................. (become) quite windy, too.
B: Yes, but I don't think the weather will change too much.
18. A: Have you heard the weather forecast?
B: They say it .........................(be) fine for the next fewdays.
19. A: Oh, they are usually wrong. I don't think we can go sightseeing now.
B: Oh, let's go. It ..................... (not rain)
20. A: All right, but I .....................(take) my raincoat and umbrella with me.
B:I think you worried about nothing.
I am very short. i cannot reach the bookshelf (too...to)
2 he dosen't go to school because he is sick ( because off)
3 If it (rain), we (stay) home today
4 if he didn't come late, i ( help) him
5 although she is sick, she go to school ( in spite of )
6 i wish you ( not go ) to school late
7 she was learning, her brother ( enter )...... the room
8 because of her hunger, She eats a lot of pizzas (because )
9 she is strong. she can ride the bike 3 kilometers ( enough to)
10 they will ( invitation )..... you go the party